SA Health has published a detailed document with information about what happens if you test positive to COVID-19.
Initially, positive cases are placed under the care of the SA Health COVID-19 Response Team. SA Health’s COVID-19 Response Care Team will contact you via SMS within 48 hrs of a positive result.
The COVID-19 Response Care Team includes doctors, nurses, and other health professionals, all specially trained to manage the care of COVID-19 patients. They provide a 24/7 virtual service (via telephone) for you to talk about how you are feeling, ask questions, seek help or information.
Crafter Medical Centre is not able to care for positive cases in the first instance. Once we receive a transfer of care from the COVID-19 Response Team, we can then look after you.
If you have tested positive for COVID-19, you must immediately:
- Self-isolate in your home or accommodation.
- Tell the following people that you have tested positive for COVID-19:
- people staying at your house (you should isolate away from those in your home as best you can)
- friends and other people you have met socially for 15 minutes or more in an indoor place without a mask:
- from 2 days before you got sick until now, or
- if you had no symptoms, from 2 days before your test until now
- your manager at your workplace
- your school / university / education facility.
If you need help, call the COVID-19 Response Care Team on 1800 272 872 (24-hour service), if they don’t answer in the first instance, keep trying, you will get through eventually.
If you are having severe headaches or dizziness, difficulty breathing, or chest pain, call Triple Zero (000) straight away and tell the ambulance staff that you have COVID-19. There will be no cost for this ambulance.
For general questions and queries, call:
- COVID-19 Information line on 1800 253 787 (8am-8pm, every day)
- COVID-19 Mental Health Support line on 1800 632 753 (8am-8pm, every day)