Valid from 1 December 2017
Full payment at the time of consultation is required.
- Repatriation patients are bulk billed under the DVA scheme.
- Pensioner and Health Care Card holders are currently bulk billed.
- Commonwealth Senior Card holders are billed the standard practice fee.
- Children aged 10 years and under will continue to be bulk-billed with children aged >10 charged the normal practice fees.
- By law, a person may only receive a medicare rebate when they attend in person. Please keep this in mind if attending on behalf of an absent family member. The person in attendance will receive the bill in these situations.
- Doctors may consider reduced fees in exceptional circumstances. If such circumstances exist, please discuss them with your doctor.
|TYPE||FEE||MEDICARE REBATE||GAP PAYMENT|
|Long (> 20 min)||$134.50||$73.95||$60.55|
|Extended (> 40 min)||$200.50||$108.85||$91.65|
|TYPE||STANDARD FEE||CONCESSIONAL FEE|
|Professional Service with No Attendance < 5 min||$25.50||$15.50|
|Professional Service with No Attendance 5 – 15 min||$31.50||$21.50|
|Professional Service with No Attendance 15 – 30 min||$66.00||$46.00|
|Professional Service with No Attendance >30 min||$98.00||$78.00|
There are fees associated with a professional service with no attendance. Examples include completing paperwork and telephone consultations.
|TYPE||STANDARD GAP||CONCESSIONAL GAP|
|Standard Skin Excision||$80.00||$40.00|
|Complex Skin Excision (flap or graft required)||$120.00||$60.00|
Procedures performed in this practice such as skin surgery, Implanon and Mirena insertions, iron infusions, ECG, spirometry, vaccinations, 24-hour blood pressure monitoring, Doppler ultrasound, suturing and plastering etc. attract separate fees, with gap payments ranging from $20 to $120.
Methods of Payment
The reception team can assist you by submitting Medicare refund claims online. Your Medicare rebate will be reimbursed to your bank account within 48 hours if you provide your bank account details at the time of payment. This practice accepts payment by cash, EFTPOS, credit card or cheque. Payment by credit card over the telephone is also accepted and our team will happily post receipt of this transaction.
All personal information provided is strictly confidential and governed by privacy laws. Gap payments for general practitioner (GP), specialist, radiology and pathology services can be counted towards the Medicare Safety Net.
Understanding your Medicare Safety Net
As a Medicare Card holder, you are automatically enrolled in the Medicare Safety Net program. Once your out-of-hospital (GP and specialist consultations, radiology and pathology) total gap payments reach a certain threshold in a calendar year, you will automatically receive back 80% of any further gap payments made during that calendar year. For example, with a standard consultation fee of $79.50, instead of receiving $38.20 back from Medicare, you will be refunded $71.24, leaving you with a gap of only $8.26. Find out more information about your Medicare Safety Net here.