This year, we are holding flu clinics back at our main practice and at The Shop, during April and May. Bookings can be made online below.
The influenza vaccine is free under the National Immunisation Program for:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people aged 6 months and over
- Children aged 6 months to under 5 years
- Pregnant women at any stage of pregnancy
- People aged 65 years or over.
- People aged 6 months or over who have medical conditions that mean they have a higher risk of getting serious disease:
- cardiac disease
- chronic respiratory conditions
- chronic neurological conditions
- immunocompromising conditions
- diabetes and other metabolic disorders
- renal disease
- haematological disorders
- children aged six months to 10 years on long term aspirin therapy.
1 Severe asthma requiring frequent hospital visits and the use of multiple medications
To continue to provide the best possible protection for those 65 years and over, an enhanced quadrivalent vaccine, Fluad®, is being supplied for those aged 65 years and over
For those not eligible for free immunisation under the National Immunisation Program, the quadrivalent vaccine will be available privately at the cost of $25.
Children under the age of 9 require 2 flu vaccines, 4 weeks apart if they have never received the vaccine before.
Patients with poor mobility can be vaccinated in their car, please call our reception staff and they will organise this for you.
If you need to see your usual doctor for another issue, feel free to make an appointment with them and they can ensure you get your flu shot at the same time.